Summary: TikiWiki is the Content Management System that offers the scope to create wiki based sites. This article describes all the features of this system.
TikiWiki is a popular CMS or Content Management System, which allows the users to design great looking websites for their employees or for the clients without any requirement of the technical knowledge and within the shortest time frame. So, with this system posting the contents will become really easy as well as the website will become the platform of exchange and discussion while bringing the cooperation to the next height. These days, TikiWiki is used to create different types of sites, web applications, knowledge base, portals, extranets and intranets.
Unlike the other projects, which have just a small set of central features and depend on the third-party extensions, this Content Management System uses the all-in-one model, which add in almost all the features into the core code base. This kind of design makes sure that the upgrades are quite easy as all the things are released together and there is no worry that any fix or enhancement to any single feature would break another.
The major features of the TikiWiki are:
- Articles: The articles are basically used for the date specific announcements or news. So, the users can configure the articles to publish and expire automatically at the particular times or to need all that compliance be granted before they become live.
- Wiki pages: It offers collaboratively authored documents along with the history of the changes. The TikiWiki has all the necessary features required from any first-rate wiki like to attach comments, files, images, history, page locking, warn on edit, powerful wiki syntax etc. Till now, this is probably the most functional tool created for the online collaboration and teamwork.
- Blogs: The blog feature of TikiWiki enables the users to get benefited from the best features of the weblogs like trackback pings, RSS output without any hassle of utilizing the commercial blogging services.
- Database Tracker System: TikiWiki storage and retrieves the facts and figures. The trackers can merge the structured information gathered from the users. This feature is really a flexible and powerful tool. The trackers work as the standalone feature that can be integrated fully within the wiki pages.
- Image and file galleries: This feature works as the download manager or a site repository of various types of files like video, images, audio, text, podcasts or software. The users just need to utilize the permission system of TikiWiki to specify the user, who can create the galleries, download and upload files, delete files. The statistics of each download are preserved.
- Forums: The forums are basically the online discussions arranged by any thread or topic. The TikiWiki forum feature offers flat or threaded views, queuing and moderation, file attachments, complete usage of the wiki syntax and subscription or monitoring of the particular topics or forums.
- Spreadsheet: This feature offers datasheets along with charts and calculations. The spreadsheet of TikiWiki is supported with JQ and it is an outstanding break through.
- Shopping cart: With the help of the Plugin AddToCart feature of TikiWiki, the services or products can be kept in the Pretty Tracker or in the Wiki pages and therefore these can be added to the Module Cart for payment.
Author Manish Namdeo